Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Power Outage

One of my worst nightmares occurred about an hour ago. Have you ever been in the midst of changing a litter box when your home loses its electricity?

I couldn't remember where I had stored our flashlights. Our disaster preparedness protocol is null and void. But I was bound and determined to have clean litter for our cats, come hell or high water or no power.  There needs to be a "Cat Lady Action Plan" for those of us who like to keep busy during our darkest hours. I made my way to the Lysol spray, all the while feeling annoyed.

L.B. was also extremely annoyed. I couldn't see him in the dark, yet I could hear him loud and clear. He was eating everything he could smell. I guess he reverted to his doomsday scenario, meaning
"tank up fast."

Now that power has been restored, L.B. is sleeping peacefully, and I can write to you once again from a well-lit Catland!

No comments:

Post a Comment