Friday, September 5, 2014

Baby, Baby


Tell me if you feel this way.

Our elder cats crave Gerber’s baby food. Every Saturday, when I dutifully head to Kroger with my grocery list, I make sure that I have noted the need for seven cans of yummy (I guess) baby food. I have to make a list these days, just in case my memory fails me of which cat likes which flavor. But that is only one-half of the problem.

The other half is that, much as I always aim to please my children, I am tired of the sideways glances that I keep getting in Aisle 7. I know what people are thinking. “Aren’t you a bit old to have a baby”?
The original Gerber Baby.
 
To those with suspicious minds, I say: There are babies who coo and gurgle, and there are babies who purr and meow. And all babies like baby food, pure (and puréed) and simple.
 
Kippy, my 11-month-old baby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment