Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cat Lady Camouflage

No worries! I have not done an about-face and gone undercover as a Cat Lady. Quite the contrary. I’m excited because I have a new business proposition.

When I awakened this morning, I noticed that I had a new set of scratch marks front and center on my right shoulder. I was more concerned than usual because with the heat and humidity ramping up here, it’s time to move to the sleeveless-only mode for work attire. Could I wear a shirtdress to the office without colleagues whispering that I may be addicted to something other than cats?

Wouldn’t it be great if the aestheticians at Lancome or Clinique would create a concealer specifically for camouflaging markings of the Cat Lady kind? I tried to apply my undereye concealer (the kind that gives that special raccoonlike effect) to cover the scratches, and then I used another concealer that is supposed to take the red out of mosquito bites, etc. But to no avail.

I know there is a brand named Physicians Formula, which is sold at drugstores and Target. Perhaps I can convince Dr. O. to market Veterinarians Formula. In response to our cats demonstrating their love in very intense ways, Dr. O. can cater to us, the Cat Ladies of the world who long only to wear their hearts on their sleeves, and to hide their kitties’ scratches.

Query of the Day: Do your cats scratch your back or other, more visible, body parts?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Sheba scratches my back (and the back of my neck) accidentally sometimes at night when she's stretched out above my head. Pharaoh doesn't seem to care what he scratches as he marches over my face, back, chest, neck, etc. as he gets comfortable at night. His preferred spot is "spooning" in front of me as we both sleep on our sides. All them leave scratch marks as they race over my bare feet when they're chasing each other.

    ReplyDelete