Friday, September 2, 2011

Face It



I took a day off from work this week (paid employment, that is) to catch up on my full-time duties as Cat Lady. Our ten cats seem to be going through a new phase of life in which they randomly reject certain flavors of wet food. So back to PetSmart I go, with my nearly scroll-length itemized receipt in hand, explaining yet again to the nice young man at the cash register that our cats have gone on a solidarity strike. As of August 31, no more “tender liver and chicken,” please.

A day off would not be complete without serious retail therapy. PetSmart does not count. The Galleria here offers almost every name-brand store under the sun (luckily, all air-conditioned stores), and one of my favorite stores is only five minutes away from Houston’s shopping mecca. I always find an excuse to head to Target.

When I entered my neighborhood Target, I was dazzled by the displays of leopard-patterned scarves, belts, and hats. The spot-on look is proving to be a lasting one in the fashion industry, and a Cat Lady can count on dressing well this fall. No less an authority than the New York Times’s style magazine recently proclaimed 2011 as “The Year of the Cat.” I could have told you so.

If beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder of felines, then I feel obliged to get with the program this year and fully line my eyes with black kohl.

Query of the Day: Will Lucius et al. approve of their Cat Lady’s stylish feline eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment