Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Happy holidays, Cat Ladies!

My Christmas morning began bright and early when I greeted Panther and gave him a special breakfast, which consisted of Fancy Feast's tuna appetizer and a can of grilled chicken. I wonder if Panther suspected that this morning might offer a departure from the norm. Or does a stray cat always feel the same-old, same-old, even if the outdoor lights shine more colorfully for several weeks each year?

After feeding Panther, I decided to treat myself to a leisurely morning and afternoon, combining cooking and baking with reading. My friend, colleague, and fellow Cat Lady Heather surprised me with the holiday gift of The Big New Yorker Book of Cats. Big it is, and required reading from cover to cover. I love it!

Another fellow Cat Lady sent word of a UK bookstore's most-popular books about cats. Heading the holiday list at Stanfords is, not surprisingly, the New Yorker's book, and look who is keeping Grumpy Cat company: http://travel.stanfords.co.uk/maps/cat. I feel fortunate to be part of an international community of cat lovers.

I am about to serve dinner, which means it's time to rally the fur kids and to count our enormous blessings.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all good catnip!

No comments:

Post a Comment