Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cold Shoulder

Panther is beyond stubborn. I am very fond of him, as much as he will let me get close to him. By Houston’s standard, the weather of late has been arctic. Yet Panther is still giving me the cold shoulder, as he cannot bring himself to cross the magic threshold that separates the outdoors from the indoors.

“Door” is apparently a dirty word to Panther. I know, because I tried again to close the door in the utility room behind him, and I nearly caused him to become the headless stray cat who visits us twice daily. I prefer that he present himself to us with a head and a torso; wouldn’t you want the same?

Please forgive this extremely soft-focus picture of Panther, which was taken today at about 5:15 a.m., before Cat Man had gulped his first cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment