Thursday, February 27, 2014

Serendipity

I am enjoying my first leisurely evening in a long while. Some time-sensitive, work-related stress is safely behind me, and I've got sweet Leo tucked in by my side.

Following in the footsteps of Lucius, Leo loves classical music. Among our cable TV offerings is a  channel called "Light Classical," and I knew Leo would enjoy listening to it tonight. My trusty remote landed on the channel just in time for us to hear a delightful piece from an orchestral suite. Clearly, the music captured Leo's fancy.

The "Did You Know?" sidebar on  the TV screen explained that we were listening to one of the six sonatas of Domenico Scarlatti by Vincenzo Tommasini that accompany the ballet The Good-Humoured Ladies. The music was later arranged to be performed by an orchestra, as one of six movements. 

What are the odds of a good-humored Cat Lady (I hope you think I am) and one of her cats being serenaded by the sonata known as the Cat's Fugue? This is the sixth movement, and I think its alternate title should be Serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment