Friday, January 29, 2010

Out, Damned Treat

I could kick myself for introducing our ten cats to the world of treats. I have become an enabler, someone who has turned cats into junkies. Given our census at home, I buy multiple bags of treats each week, and it seems that I never can buy enough.

As I was tossing an empty bag of treats into the trash can this morning, I noticed that the bag has a new look. Don’t ask me why I bothered to study the label of something about to be trashed, but I got a good laugh when I read the following:

“Home. The vast inner kingdom. Within these four walls of comfort and quiet, I am the hunter.”

Was the copywriter thinking that a Cat Lady would read this prose aloud to her cats? I think that Antonio Banderas would provide the perfect audio. Or does the copywriter have evidence that cats can read for themselves?

I’ve never asked my cats, but I sincerely hope they do not endorse sentence fragments.

Query of the Day: Do you spoil your cats with treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment